- Only one entry per person received by the Editor of the Law & Disorder Ezine by way of post under the announcement of the competition, or received at email firstname.lastname@example.org, or otherwise acknowledged by the Editor by midnight on the date referred to in the announcement of the competition shall be accepted.
- Only subscribers to the Law & Disorder Ezine can enter however subscription is free and immediate and can be made at http://www.lawanddisorder.com.au/registerezine.html.
- The decision of the Editor shall be final in respect of the interpretation of these rules, selection of the winning cartoons, caption or captions and all other matters concerning this competition or its prizes including the cancellation of this competition.
- Entrants warrant that the cartoon/caption is their original work and has not been copied and does not infringe any other persons rights.
- All entrants retain the copyright in their caption but by entry grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable, licence to the Law & Disorder eZine which can be assigned or sub-licenced to any of its sponsors, or related entities to use their cartoon and caption in connection with the cartoon in any medium worldwide without further attribution or any payment.
- The winning entrant or entrants confirm that they permit the Law & Disorder eZine to use their name in any announcement or promotion by the Law & Disorder eZine or any of its sponsors, or related entities regarding the competition.
- The winner of the Competition shall be sent the prize referred to in the email promoting the competition (or where there is a choice of prize, the prize chosen by the winner). If the winner cannot be contacted within one month or there is some other impediment to the prize being sent, then the right to receive the prize lapses. The prize can be substituted for some other prize at the discretion of the Editor.
In 2006, our first competition was a There were a number of senior lawyers put forward by their staff but the winners were never identified or in most cases informed. Then there was the more successful .